A travel size bag or storage case is perfect to keep your quilting tools organized when quilting on the go. Instead of going to the store to buy a travel or storage bag why not put your sewing skills to use by making one for yourself instead. What’s great about making travel and or storage bags yourself is that you can design them how you like with the designs you prefer.
Things you’ll need to make the travel bag:
- Main fabric (Back of bag, zipper base and lower border): 1/2 yard.
- Lining Fabric (inside of back) 16″ x 16″ square
- Batting 16″ x 16″ square
- Clear Vinyl: 8 1/2″
- 14″ Zipper
Things to keep in mind when making the perfect travel size bag:
- Always plan ahead and decide what your main purpose is for using the bag. Are you going to store heavier objects in it? If so make sure you choose durable and strong fabric that can handle the weight so that it doesn’t tear.
- Make sure you pick a good choice of thread that is strong and will match your fabric so that the thread color doesn’t stand out from the pattern. A good reliable type of thread to use is always 100% cotton thread but depending on the fabric that you choose always do a little research before you make your purchase.
- If you choose to use clear vinyl for the travel bags make sure not to press the vinyl or any fabric near it because the vinyl will melt ruining your bag.
- If you are planning on making multiple travel or storage bags it is best to make them all at the same time in an assembly fashion than individually from start to finish.
Learn how to make the perfect travel and or storage bag by logging onto the Quilter’s Thread Mobile App to access the PDF instructions posted in the library. Make sure to post your finished travel and or storage bags on the Quilter’s Thread Mobile App. By being active on the app such as commenting, liking and posting can earn you points to win monthly prizes.
Live Well. Quilt Well.