“Every quilt you make should be your quilt. Making quilts from my patterns is flattering to me, but seems to lack creative satisfaction. My teaching goal with Quilter’s Thread Summits to is create quilting retreats that inspire every quilter to make his or her own quilts and to make them well.” – Lisa Berentsen, Founder
These events are called summits because this is where the world’s quilters come to learn from Lisa!
Lisa’s Multi-step Process:
- Share comprehensive information and make sure it is understood.
- Challenge quilters to use the new information to design a unique quilt.
- Help quilters determine the most efficient way to construct their quilts.
- Motivate quilters to complete their project.
Think of summits as a quilting boot camp, Lisa’s classes are intensive training sessions requiring rigorous participation that results in great personal satisfaction.
Summit Content & Topics
- Quilting Fundamentals (Beginner to Intermediate)
- Advanced Concepts in Quilt Design (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Color Theory in Quilting (All Levels)
- Making Traditional Quilt Blocks Your Own (Intermediate to Advanced)
Making Traditional Quilt Blocks Your Own (Intermediate to Advanced) – November 6-8, 2018 in Lake Geneva, WI
Making Traditional Quilt Blocks Your Own (Intermediate to Advanced) – February 15-17, 2019 in Lake Geneva, WI
What Our Students Say
“Lisa explains things behind quilts from conception to completion that I never would have thought of! She inspires me to try new things and has given the confidence to think that you can “teach an old dog new tricks!” I highly recommend seeing her if given the chance.”
“I have been in several classes and summits that Lisa has taught. She is by far the best instructor I have had. She is experienced and knowledgeable (from techniques to fabric selection/colors to design,) but also explains things in understandable terms. She wants you to love quilting as much as she does and wants you to succeed.”